[alfa] re: Visiting Modena

I can't tell you much about getting around without a car but I can give you
a start of a list of things to see.

Modena
A Fiat dealership - via Emilia 756 - tel. 059/ 360062 - has a beautiful
Stanguellini museum. You pass through the show room and go through doors
which a one time must have lead to the service area. I don't know if you
need an appointment. Don't miss it!

The Libreria dell'Automobile - corso Venezia, 43 - tel 39/ 2/76006624 -
great car book resource.

Modena has design houses, restoration shops, and the Maserati factory many
will accept visitors with advance notice.

Outside of Modena
West Sports - Racing and Classic Maserati - via Corletto Sud, 320 - tel 39/
59/ 510660 - has a Maserati and motorbike museum in a converted diary barn.
I'm guessing you need an appointment for this.

Maranello
Giorgio Giochi - via Claudia, 135 - tel 39/536/945156 - shop devoted to
model cars.

The Ferrari museum is open and easy to get to. I believe to tour the Ferrari
factory you can put your name on a list (early in the day) and wait or call
ahead and wait a little less.

Like Modena, Maranello is loaded with restoration shops, etc.

Have fun,
Emmo