[alfa] 164 Fuel Pump Noise

Bruce Murray asked:
------------------------------
My 164L with 200,000 miles on it has developed a noisy fuel pump (does
nothing last these days? :-) )

The noise is a steady humming sound and unaffected by engine load etc.
I suspect a bad vibration isolator inside the tank somewhere, but it might
be associated with the infamous hose that splits.
Before I dive in, I would like to be prepared so that I only do the job once
Has anyone else reading this experienced the same problem?

Bruce - have you replaced the fuel filter(s) recently?

A partially blocked fuel filter can lead to a noisier pump.

Regards,

Mark Battley
Auckland, New Zealand

1973 Alfa Romeo 2000 GT Veloce
1989 Fiat Uno Turbo (fuel pump got much quieter with new filters)
1999 Fiat Marea Wagon, 2.0 20V