[alfa] 164 Fuel Pump Noise

My 164L with 200,000 miles on it has developed a noisy fuel pump (does nothing last these days? :-) )

The noise is a steady humming sound and unaffected by engine load etc.
I suspect a bad vibration isolator inside the tank somewhere, but it might be associated with the infamous hose that splits.
Before I dive in, I would like to be prepared so that I only do the job once
Has anyone else reading this experienced the same problem?

Thanks

Bruce Murray