[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V9 #1137

At 4:43 PM +0000 2/19/04, alfa-digest wrote:
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:22:30 -0600
From: "Gregory Youngblood" <greg@domain.elided>
Subject: RE: RE: [alfa] Car Fax Reports

I bought a truck July 2002 based in part on the clean carfax. I've run 2
more reports since then and all of them have come back clean. Then just last
week my wife was checking on insurance and the insurance agent looked up the
VIN and found a wreck in 2001. I probably would NOT have bought the truck
had I known. I definitely would NOT have paid what I paid had I known.

In my opinion, CarFax is worthless. About the only thing it MIGHT show is
odometer roll backs.

Greg
It shows failed emissions checks. And with a big red "WARNING" icon too. Because we all know that if a used car fails an emissions check at some point in its prior life, it's clearly a lemon...

-Joe