RE: [alfa] Spark plug and valve interference

<snip>
> Can a new valve's larger diameter sit it higher out of the seat and
> cause this?  Are there regular style plugs that have lower clearance, or
> do I have to go for the Lodge 2HL's just to be safe? Or is there
> something wierd going on?
<snip>

You have your answer - it's not that the larger diameter valve sticks out
more, it's that it's, well, *wider*.

As for the Lodges, I've tried every plug imaginable in my Alfa motors, and I
can't say that I've ever found any that outperform the Lodges.  Given the
big valves, I don't bother with anything else anymore.

HTH,

bs