[alfa] The right micrometer?

So I've got everything out and apart for a valve adjustment, but I need a micrometer. In the hopes of finding one that would work today (sunday), I took a shim around to a few auto parts stores and the local Sears, but not a one had a micrometer in stock. Examining Sears' website, I've found what looks to be a very nice number here:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00940781000

But I don't know if the shim will fit on the anvil or spindle.

Anyone have any recommendations? Again, I'd just go over and test the darned thing, but nobody I know of seems to have them on the shelves.

Thanks in advance!

Scott Johnson
1750 Alfa Spider
Herndon VA