[alfa] RE: torque wrench

All,

> In all the browsing I've been doing on this topic, it seems
> that many, but
> not all torque wrenches are claimed to work in both
> directions (with a
> small penalty for the lefty threads).  From what I've seen,
> only the $$$
> Facom claimed equal accuracy both ways, but that is accomplished by
> flipping the ratchet head orientation on the handle.

I've got a Repco-brand one (3 actually) in different sizes, of English manufacture (unknown OEM) that while it probably doesn't quite scrape in under USD150 (although it might have back when the AUD was trading at 52c). Doesn't help you much in the US, but it accomplishes LH threads simply by pushing the square drive "peg" through to the other side of the head. This should give you the same precision in either direction.

For those in Australia or NZ, you should consider one of these - they are a gorgeous tool.

Regards,

Tony
1985 Alfa 90 2.5i
Brisbane, Australia