Re: [alfa] RE: Spider door handle

Peter L. Krause wrote:

Before following Jeff Greenfield's excellent advice, try spraying some WD-40
or other such lubricant down the opening at the rear of the glass above the
striker mechanism (inside the door cavity).
I recently picked up a can of PB-Blaster Teflon Lube... It is really fantastic for these sorts of things. The Teflon is carried in a very light solvent that penetrates very well, and evaporates quickly leaving the teflon behind. What's left behind isn't sticky, or greasy.

http://www.blasterproducts.com/store/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=24

It seems like the perfect lube for places where you don't want grease collecting grit and grime (like garage door tracks, and such.)

On my Milano it has cured squeaky door hinges, and balky locks and latches, where all the other lubricants I tried failed. I was really surprised by it's effect on my driver's side door lock. The lock was such a pain, I though someone had tampered with it... just getting the key in and out was a challenge. A quick shot of this stuff, and it was better than brand new. The key practically fell in.

Good stuff.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org