Re: [alfa] valve adjustment woes

Scott Johnson wrote:

...Also, I'm a little confused about the cam timing.. When the disty is
pointing at #1, the pointer on the crank pulley is pointing at an "M"
mark (I hope that means "maximo" or something... can't find my stupid
reference book), and both valves are closed the cam lobes are nowhere
near to pointing straight out. This may just be the way an injected 1750
is supposed to be, since the timing marks are awfully close at this point...

Scott, the "M" on the crank pully indicates maximum advance, used for dynamically timing the ignition. You are looking for TDC, indicated by the "P" mark (Punto) on the crank pulley. Then the marks on the cams should line up with the marks on the front-most cam caps (for stock valve timing). Try to find your reference book. The pictures and diagrams will help more than anything else.

--Caxambu
1969 Spider 1750
Seattle, WA