[alfa] Transmission not centered

Hello All..

Here's a quick one.. I noticed while putting the motor in the Spider, that the shift lever end of the transmission isn't quite centered in the hole of the body. Being that I wanted to just get it in there after the wrestling.. and knowing that the car has had some bodywork required at some point.. I didn't investigate it that closely.. thinking more proof of a not-so-straight body would be just depressing rather than productive..

Now, my question is, is there enough slack in the fit of the motor mounts on the stud/bolts for a few degrees of angle, or am I really looking at a distorted front end? I may end up doing it anyway, but didn't want to go thru the disconnecting and lifting neccicary to try to reposition things if it probably wasn't going to help. We're talking about 1/2-3/4" offset at the lever, not banging into the body but a fair amount to the right. New motor mounts and tranny mount, BTW..

Jon
77 Spider (got 300 mi on the rebuild! :-) )