[alfa] Re: twinspark and CA

>While we're on the subject of smog check....I was having a discussion the
other
>day with a local alfa mechanic who seemed to think that there's a pretty
good chance
>that a properly installed twin-spark (with all the OEM sensors, plenum,
cat, ect.) would
>probably not raise too many eyebrows if installed in an (my) Alfetta.
According to him,
>they only know it's supposed to be an alfa 4 cylinder...doesn't mention how
many spark
>plugs it has.

If you are talking about Alfettas, you have an air injection pump for the
exhaust
manifold. This is on the smog check list of things to look for. It will not
pass if they
check their list, as they do in CA. Trying to get that pump mounted and
plumbed
for the twin spark would be a nightmare, I would think.

Stefano
Oakland, CA