Dean
Lutz, FL
"74 & '87 Spider Veloce's

At 01:00 AM 1/28/2004, you wrote:

Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:48:33 +1300
From: Mark Battley <M.Battley@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Modern alternator for 105 2000 GTV

My 1973 GTV has a non-original alternator with inbuilt regulator that claims
to be of of Australian origin. It's a bit too big (difficult to find belt of
the right length that fits without alt hitting the oil filter), and is well
worn (recently had to have new brushes, bearings are now noisy).

So rather than rebuild this one I thought that I'd go looking for a more
modern, smaller alternator, preferably something that I can get cheaply from
a local japanese car wrecker.

Any suggestions for car models that might have something that will fit
easily?

Anything that I should think about/check when hunting around?

Thanks,

Mark Battley
Auckland, New Zealand

1973 Alfa Romeo 2000 GT Veloce