From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
skippatnode
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 12:36 AM
To: alfa digest
Subject: Re: [alfa] removal of window cranks

Peter,
    The door and window handles are held on by a horshoe shaped clip
inserted
in a slot in the mounting part of the handle.
    To remove this clip, press the chrome washer toward the door panel to
provide a gap between the washer and the handle.  Insert a small hook type
tool (I made one by bending a small hook in the end of a piece of coat
hanger
wire) into this gap, on the end away from the long part of the handle and
with
the hook turned away from the washer.  Push in on the handle a little at the
same time and you should be able to snag the clip and pull it out thereby
releasing the handle.  Do the window handle first since it is easier to
maneuver, then you can see what things look like when you get it off.
    Keep an eye on that clip, 'cause it will fly and hide in some of the
darndest places!!
Skip Patnode
67 Duetto
Norfolk, Va
Try an aspirin before resorting to brain surgery