[alfa] Spider on AIG ineligible list (?)

Hello fellow car nuts!
I called AIG auto insurance because they keep sending me letters.  Through a series of calls I was told because I own a Spider they would not insure me.  Apparently the Alfa Spider is on an "ineligible" list.  No other Alfa Romeos cars are btw.  They will not insure any of my other 5 cars either because I own a Spider.  Anyone ever heard of this?  I requested liability only, so the value of the Spider doesn't matter.  There is no mention of this list on their website.  I have requested via email they send me the full list, since if I were to sell the Spider I would be again eligible, but as soon as I bought another car that happened to be on this list (which is unfortunately likely) they'd drop me!  Anyone have any insight to this?  Curious how they figure this stuff out.
thanks,
dan in kc -- 89 spider
btw anyone having non-Spiders really should check them out--they quoted me half what I pay now for my other 5 vehicles before they told me they couldn't insure me at all.  They are rated A++, I guess that's good.