Re: [alfa] turbo Alfa's and superchargers?

Ben, firstly let me say the following is all supposition on my part as I've
never turbo'd or supercharged anything.

However, given the crossflow design of the Alfa 4C I would think that the
plumbing involved with a supercharger would be a lot easier than with a
turbo installation.  You wouldn't even need a redesigned exhaust system,
maybe just a proprietary free flow system.  You would still need some mods
to internals and cooling, but the blower doesn't need lubrication from the
engine (does it ?).

As you say you want to keep the car driveable, I believe the supercharger
would give a more linear power increase from near idle without the inherent
lag of a turbo.  OK, modern turbo designs can reduce lag, but  'backyard'
installations often have problems without the massive engineering support
provided by OEM designers.

The noise of a blower may be good or bad depending on your mood !

I believe the Sprintex supercharger is readily available in Australia.  It's
small and seems to be suited to your planned engine.

Beatle
'67 Duetto
Oz