Re: [alfa] turbo Alfa's

Ben, an Aussie Alfetta with a cat ?  ULP wasn't compulsory until 1987 and I
wasn't aware of any Australian cars sporting cats ?

Check out the Beninca's website, and go over there sometime and talk to the
guys.  I've read that they believe up to 700HP is reliably possible (in race
trim) from a suitably modified Alfa 2L.  For big power applications I'd
begin with a monosleeve.  Beninca's make their own.

They also have some other neat stuff such as fuel injection plumbed into
gutted carbs so the engine bay looks standard at first glance.

Have you considered a small supercharger.  I've always thought that the Alfa
engine configuration was more suited to a blower than a turbo.

Beatle Bayly
'67 Duetto
Katherine NT
Oz