Re: [alfa] Re: Victory By Design

Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth. What's the point of owning
historic cars like this and not driving the ring out of em. Blessed that
some people do and all power to them.
Cheers,
Dean.

Exactly... I can somewhat understand touring cars being pedistal kept museum pieces.. but the racing/sport cars... I agree.

Connected aside here.. My wife got me a nice coffee table type book for my birthday last year, called "Into the Red", it's pictures and commentary on cars in the collection of Nick Mason (drummer for Pink Floyd, as well as long time car enthusiast) He comments on the collecting, restoration, history, some driving, while the co author comments on taking them out on the track and pushing their limits. And, they did high quality recordings of the cars starting, passing, inside at speed. ;-)

Quite a collection of rare and interesting racing beasts.. he has an 8c 2300 that appeared in the Victory by Design Alfa episode, (Alfa content!) and I believe the Maserati 250F was his as well.
Anyway, its mentioned that Nick is of this philosophy.. when Mark Hales got caught in a wet patch on cold tires and stuck Nick's Tyrell into a wall, he hardly looked up from the morning paper..

Nice book (and CD!) even if there's only one Alfa...

Jon and Marcia
77 Spider ( THAT'S ACTUALLY BACK ON THE ROAD!!! WOOHOO!!!)