[alfa] re: Victory by Design

I saw the Alfa and Maserati shows too (but I couldn't record them to DVD like I did the Jag show because my satellite signal was screwed up and I had to watch it elsewhere). I was pretty disappointed, both in the Speed Channel presentation, and in the show itself. For one thing, the 76 minute Alfa show was condensed into an hour on TV (yet they had time to repeat it a week later, followed both times by repeats of the Maserati show), yet the 52 minute Jaguar show, got a 2-hour block. (So TV viewers missed the SZ, TZ, and I forget what else.) But the show totally didn't include anything about sedan racing, despite the 156 racking up 7 consecutive championships in the same series (in name, anyway) that the GTA won in the '60s, and the success of the 155 in '90s. What really made me furious though was that there was no mention of the GTV-6 winning that same European Touring Car Championship manufacturers' title 4 times or whatever it was, although the Jag program mentioned the success of the XJS in that series and even included footage of XJS's racing against GTV-6's! And to add insult to injury, deCadenet even made the explicit claim that Alfa hadn't won anything since the '77 World Championship for Makes or whatever. When did the ETCC stop counting, and why did it still count in the '80s for Jaguar?

-Joe