[alfa] 1999 GTV

Simon

1) Airbag..I'm not an authority, but if the dealer has reset it and its come
on again there is almost certainly a fault. Why did it come on in the first
place?  How long did the reset work?

2) Brakes..Well the best advice is not to use the two person 'pump the pedal'
method if you can avoid it. I would invest in a Gunsons EeziBleed..or
similar..which is a reservoir of brake fluid connected to the top of the
master cylinder with an adaptor, and which uses the pressure from a suitably
deflated tyre to flush new fluid into the system. You just open each bleed
nipple in turn, and make sure the reservoir is topped up. I use this
successully on both my 164s which have ABS blocks and proportion valves to
cope with. It avoids the possibility of sucking back. Once air is in these
systems its can be difficult to get out. If you are disconecting calipers then
invest in good quality flexi hose clamps for the same reason. Also bleed
brakes with one rear wheel on the ground to ensure that brake proportion valve
is in 'open' position allowing fluid flow.

3) Welding...well I am sure there are those who know much more than I, but I
would have thought disconnecting the battery should be enough, as long as your
machine is properly earthed/grounded.

Tim Hancock   Boston UK

164TS 92
164Super 93