[alfa] 18 gallon tanks & Spider windows

So Joe stuffed 18.2 gallons of gas into his GTV6's 18 gallon tank. Last week I stuffed 14 gallons into my GTV6 tank - a personal record. For as long as I've owned this car (a long time) I've been unable to get the tank more than about 3/4 full no matter how much "topping off" I attempt. It will only take a little over half tank unless I pull the vent hose on the top of the tank before fueling. I can't figure it out. During the resurrection process, after the car had been sitting for several years, I had the tank opened up, cleaned and rust coated. I thought this would fix the problem but it didn't. I have tested the guage and it is accurate.

On the subject of plastic Spider rear windows, I always used a rolled up beach towel laid in the fold of the rear window. When I finally had to replace the top, the plastic window was still in good shape. I used a souvenir Los Angeles olympic games towel, if that matters.

John