[alfa] 3rd Gear Pop Out

Recently, my '67 Giulia Super has developed a habit of popping out of third
gear, usually when slowing, but occasionally while accelerating.

A friend, fellow Digester and bon vivant (you know who you are) has
suggested the existing lube in the tranny,  and changing the lube to the
manufacturer's spec, as the possible cause of and solution to this problem.

I know that the gear box is currently filled with Shell Spirax. I also know
that Shell Dentax is the recommended lube.

I recall that one or more Digesti had located a source for Dentax, and I
beleive that source was located in western New York. If anyone has that
information, or a source for Dentax somewhat closer to me (I'm outside of
Philadelphia), I'd appreciate it. I'd also be interested in any other
diagnoses of the current pop-out problem.

Thanks for any and all help.

Joe Fillip
Swarthmore, PA