[alfa] fan switches

Could somebody set the record straight for me?  I have a custom made
radiator in my Verde.  The threaded boss into which the fan switch goes and
the switch are from an Alfetta GT parts car, 1976 or so vintage.  I want to
get a switch that activates the fan at a lower temp, probably the VW one
talked about occasionally on the digest.  Are the threads on the Milano
switch and the Alfetta switch the same?  My memory says no, but the same
switch is listed for both cars in the IAP catalog.  Will the VW switch fit
in my hermaphrodite rig?

Mike in Texas