[alfa] Starter support bracket for 1.1hp starters

Hey Group..

Wondering if anyone knows about the support bracket that some say you need for the 1.1hp starters?

I didn't have one originally on the 77 Spider I got last year, in getting another motor to rebuild I got another 1.1hp starter with a bracket, but it seems to not be able to fit on the motor mount
stud. At least, not without machining a notch out of both the mount AND part of the block!

Is there some short cross link piece that's missing, or might this be some alien support bracket for some other car?

Thanks..

Jon