[alfa] milano center support stuff

A while back I asked about the possibility of getting the driveshaft out without taking the transaxle down.
Thought I had it licked put in the end I couldn't split the exhaust at the slip joint near the rear caliper anyway. I couldn't for the life of me get the rear coupling off the input yoke either. I ended up dropping the front of the TA as much as I could with the exhaust in place. This was just enough to pop the rear coupling off the yoke, then I was off to the races changing my driveshaft center bearing support. The darn Verde still had it's heat shield in place over the cat which took a bit to get the rusty screws out and it was a bit tight getting at the bolts on the center coupling with the exhaust in place. I was at work so didn't have my air tools. My little 3 jaw otc puller was perfect for getting the center yoke off. Getting the rear driveshaft section back in was kinda tricky with those little ball joint center guide things (technical term) took 4 tries to get the rear one right. I was so amazed that the heat shield over the cat was still there I even put it back in.... 3.5 hours, I was pretty happy how it all went. I labeled and indexed the heck out of everything and I had no parts left over....:-) With crappy tires and a tight lsd the verde sure does great donuts....
--
Carson Damm
Ft. McMurray, AB

04 Volvo V70R