[alfa] Shipping and dent removal

What is the collective wisdom of the best and least expensive method to
ship an engine and trans (Alfa 4) ? The transmission I bought for the Honda
came UPS in a cardboard box , but it was a very light unit.

The Spider was innocently sleeping in the garage, since it is a frigid 20 F
today, and was assulted by a box falling from the overhead shelf, leaving a
ding in the fender. Have any of you tried one of those "as seen on TV" dent
removal systems? Which one? Results?

I haven't seen one of those chains of dent removal places around, but if I
recall the discussion about them correctly they did not want to work on
older cars.

Ideas please. My previously pristine Spider is sporting a shiner and my SO
who knocked down the box is in hiding.

Anne O