RE: [alfa] Machine to see Alfa Victory by Design

Hey Biba,

> I would like to thank all of you who were polite enough to
> reply off-digest suggesting I am apparently a cheap SOB (Son
> Of a Bitch) when it comes to buying a DVD (ulp! not a clue
> what it stands for and don't care but it's a machine which
> apparently makes pictures and sound when you put this plastic
> disc on / in it) player and also a new TV
> (TeleVision) - except Brian Shorey who posted his comments
> for everyone to see. Just for that Brian, I won't come to
> your party this summer.

If you come to my party this summer, I will pay your registration fee!

> I get the feeling TV's and DVD's are rather
> inexpensive...except I also need a 'thing' which will make it
> possible for them to talk to one another. What a terribly
> clever arrangement.

You don't need anything to make a DVD and a TV work together.  You might,
however, need something to make a DVD player work with the antiquated piece
of electronics you might currently be staring at..

You know, one thing you might consider is playing your DVD through your
computer.  No wait, let me guess - IBM PC XT?  You seem to be more of an
Apple II guy..

> I shop when I need something. My vintage TV still works. I've
> never required a DVD player before. (Man in brown just
> delivered my ALFA and Maserati plastic discs). Thinking about
> taking them, pillow, blankee, and six-pack to a store and
> doing a test run on a DVD player.

There's a thought.  Do you have any friends?  <grin>  Surely they're not as
frugal as you are, perhaps you could invite yourself over for an evening and
watch them on some quality equipment..

Biba, you're a good man!  Keep the faith!

bs