Re: [alfa] Machine to see Alfa Victory by Design

You know, Biba, most modern computers will play DVDs. If not, the capability can be added very cheaply. That way, you can use your computer screen and won't have to buy a new TV. Wished I'd thought of this sooner.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0 'S'

On Jan 8, 2004, at 11:20 PM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 12:18:44 -0700
From: alfacybersite <acs@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Machine to see Alfa Victory by Design

I would like to thank all of you who were polite enough to reply
off-digest suggesting I am apparently a cheap SOB (Son Of a Bitch) when
it comes to buying a DVD (ulp! not a clue what it stands for and don't
care but it's a machine which apparently makes pictures and sound when
you put this plastic disc on / in it) player and also a new TV
(TeleVision) - except Brian Shorey who posted his comments for everyone
to see. Just for that Brian, I won't come to your party this summer.

I get the feeling TV's and DVD's are rather inexpensive...except I also
need a 'thing' which will make it possible for them to talk to one
another. What a terribly clever arrangement.

I shop when I need something. My vintage TV still works. I've never
required a DVD player before. (Man in brown just delivered my ALFA and
Maserati plastic discs). Thinking about taking them, pillow, blankee,
and six-pack to a store and doing a test run on a DVD player.

Biba
Irwindale, CA (CAlifornia) USA