Re: [alfa] Re:RE: Skoda, Soviet steel

George Graves wrote:
<<I remember once reading a story in Road & Track (or
maybe Car & Driver.
They were both, once, really good magazines) about a
writer who visited
the Alfa factory and was appalled to see new Alfas,
sitting in a
holding area, ready for shipment all over the world,
ALREADY showing
signs of surface rust in wheel-wells, under the cars,
bumpers, etc.!>>

Even more revealing is a story I heard about untreated steel body shells sitting in a field waiting for their turn at the Alfa assembly line... literally rusting where they sat....  If true, no amount of rust treatment would be able to undo these effects... even on the best of steel, even though I have heard the Russian steel story also.

Jerry in Houston