[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V9 #1065

Lord Biba, they are everywhere and cheap as dirt. My local Safeway food store was selling a progressive scan model for $39 and the local Fry's electronics store was selling one recently for $29. I myself bough a PAL capable one (so that I could buy automotive DVDs from Duke Video on the Isle of Man) from Fry's a few months ago for $34! Just look around. At this price, and as little as you'll be using them, just about any of these cheapies should work fine for you.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0 'S'

On Jan 8, 2004, at 2:52 AM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:06:59 -0700
From: alfacybersite <acs@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Machine to see Alfa Victory by Design

Can we talk? I know I've picked on modern electronics as being as
reliable as the weather and have finally figured it out. If nothing has
to move inside, isn't too sophisticated, and the technology has been
around for eons, might last a fairly long time. However, should parts
inside require moving around to accomplish their work - fagitit - as in
pooooof.

When ordering my ALFA and Maserati DVD's asked if they'd throw in a DVD
player since I don't have one. Snickering, the lady in Texas said she
was sure one came with every order.

Not quite believing her, need a really NEW (no eBay), Cheap, DVD player
to play the only two DVD's I'll probably ever own.

Recommendations? Not interested in bells and whistles since they're the
first to go anyway (right 164ers?), just reasonably reliable and did I
mention Cheap?

My TV is over 20 years old. What do I stick the plug into should I buy
one - the hole the VHS is currently using? Nope, can't afford a new TV
And a DVD.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA