From: <webb.p@domain.elided>
To: <alfa@domain.elided>
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 8:50 AM
Subject: [alfa] Bosch distributors

> I hope the person suggesting swapping a Bosch (L-Jet) 4C distributor into
a Spica car has done some modification.   The standard L-Jetronic uses
flywheel magnetic sensors to an electronic box (not part of the injection,
though it is used for injector timing pulses).  You'll find the inside of a
Bosch (82-90) Spider distributor empty.   I suppose you could retro fit some
kind of hall sensor in there.  There's no mechanical or vacuum advance in
them stock.   The 91-95 Motronic cars are integrated.

> This is, of course, US reference.   There may have been other variations
in other countries that I'm not aware of.  The other options are the
Marelli-Plex which was very popular in the 80's, and the RML electronic
conversion that at least used to be available to fit to your existing
distributor.