[alfa] Bosch distributors

I hope the person suggesting swapping a Bosch (L-Jet) 4C distributor into a Spica car has done some modification.   The standard L-Jetronic uses flywheel magnetic sensors to an electronic box (not part of the injection, though it is used for injector timing pulses).  You'll find the inside of a Bosch (82-90) Spider distributor empty.   I suppose you could retro fit some kind of hall sensor in there.  There's no mechanical or vacuum advance in them stock.   The 91-95 Motronic cars are integrated.

This is, of course, US reference.   There may have been other variations in other countries that I'm not aware of.  The other options are the Marelli-Plex which was very popular in the 80's, and the RML electronic conversion that at least used to be available to fit to your existing distributor.

-Peter