[alfa] Milano sunroof scratches

Ok here's one I've never seen come up over the years.
I've got a Platinum and a Verde both with sunroofs.  They
both have deep scratches 1/2-1" wide down the center of
the sunroof panel.    Both scratches are near the front
of the panel and are about 3"-4" long. Neither sunroof seems
to rub on anything so I'm not sure what caused this damage.
I have also noticed this damage on other Milano's.  Does
anyone know if this was something that the dealers may
have fixed (adjusted) early on in the run?  Both cars are
87's with early 86' build dates.  The reason I ask is that
I am preparing to paint the Platinum and don't want the
new paint scratched (obviously).  Has anyone found an adjustment
procedure for the sunroof?  I have scanned the TSB lists on the
CD but haven't found anything related to the sunroof.

Thanks for any help,

Dave McCrory
In Tennessee
87' Verde (scratched sunroof)