[alfa] Fieldtrip Anyone.

Doug Harris read right, New Zealand is a "motorhead heaven", especially the
South Island. We love cars and don`t treat them as just another consumer item
like our fridges or TV`s. Most know how to fix them also and being a
reasonably affluent nation with a huge appetite for cars it is amazing what
has been imported and more importantly what has been retained, not just
discarded and junked. In the region I live (Canterbury, on the E coast of the
South Island) we are arguably the most car orientated region in the world.
Here is where the Vintage Car Club in NZ started, we have a large industry
involved in vehicle restoration with many highly skilled tradespeople(we
export restored cars all over the world as well as catering for the domestic
market),we have more Used Car Sales than any other market I can think of, and
head the world for vehicles per household.
If you enjoy relatively unpopulated roads, roads that vary from straight flat
plains , to steep mountain passes and everything inbetween come down to us.
The weather`s great and more importantly the exchange rate is always in your
favour US$1= approx $1.35NZ.
You could also come and see the latest Alfas(Euro spec) that we can buy here.

Richard Jones( a proud Kiwi)
Christchurch, New Zealand.
`74 105 GTV 2000, `74 105 Berlina 2000, `81 Alfasud Ti Veloce, `84 GTV6, `86
90 GCL V6, `86 Guilietta 2litre, `87 33 1.7 QV, `87 Ferrari Testarossa.