Homebrew cars( was [alfa] V6 Engine swaps)

All this talk about V6 engine swaps has been very interesting :)

My mechanic/friend will be putting an Alfa 2L engine into an Austin
Healy Sprite for a customer soon, so V6's aren't the only Alfa engines
to be swapped around with.

The clubman people seem to source all kinds of engines for their
little cars, mostly from what I've seen Toyota or Nissan fuel injected
"toys". But I reckon a 2.5L Alfa V6 with a bank of Weber's would
certainly have a lot of potential in a clubman (but perhaps this might
destroy the balance with too much weight up the front).

I've also thrown around the idea of building a mid engined race car
using a highly tuned Alfasud/33 engine and transaxle combination.
Even the 1.5 is a great little revvy engine, so imagine what it could
do in a 400kg machine (half the weight of the already zippy Alfasud).

I'd be interested to hear about what other peope have done. Has anyone
gone to the length of actually constructing a volumptuous aluminium/steal
body racer?

Happy New Year btw :)

Benjamin W.
(speculating in Adelaide, South Australia)