[alfa] RE: V6 injector o-rings, etc.

Just recently did this on my Milano.  You only need the 6, small o-rings
that go on the injector nozzles.  The large, upper o-rings don't seal to
anything.  They just act as mounting surfaces of sorts for the brackets that
hold the injectors in place.

By the way, the o-rings that I got were way different from my old ones.  My
old ones were a press fit into the injector hole in the intake runner & were
shaped to follow the contours of that hole.  The new ones, while they fit
snugly around the injector nozzle itself, were way too small to press fit
into the hole in the intake runner.  It was disconcerting because the fit
was completely different, &, in fact, I posted a question here about it at
the time.  However, they do work.  As you torque down on the brackets, the
o-rings are compressed, & they seals just fine.  If yours have been replaced
with the new style o-rings at some point in the past, you'll have no idea
what I'm talking about.

One more thing:  Being that you want to make sure everything is fresh, now
would be a great time to replace the various fuel hoses; the 6 rail to
injector hoses; the supply hose to the rail; the return hose at the
regulator.  I did this on mine as they were all quite tired.  As has been
mentioned here before, this can all be done with 5/16" fuel injection hose &
hose clamps, which are commonly available.  I got mine at Pep Boys.  Don't
use regular fuel hose or regular hose clamps.  I also installed a new fuel
filter.

Have fun!

Michael Keith
Houston, TX