[alfa] Re: Alfa V6 and Stratos Replica

George Graves got it spot on the button. Go for a Hawk Stratos replica. Just
remember that the Stratos was a rally car with a very short wheelbase and
deliberately 'twitchy' handling to enable it to change direction very quickly.
It can do this whether the driver intends it or not if placed in careless
hands. It is a real ballerina of a car, and in all likelihood the Hawk is
better finished than the originals which were never intended to have perfect
shut lines on panels or anything sissy like that. The Hawk chassis is superb.

I had the pleasure of being very close to the Stratos of Sandro Munari
(Forgotten the name of the other Team Driver) at full speed two years in a row
at an RAC rally special stage held at a tight climbing and diving motorcyle
race circuit called Olivers Mount at Scarborough...I think it was November
1975 and 76 and I rode fifty miles of lethal icy roads on my Suzuki T200
Invader. It was worth it!

Its still a stunning looking vehicle IMHO, and the Alfa V6 in 12 or 24valve
form is ideal.

Tim Hancock   Boston UK

164TS
164Super