[alfa] Window tint

With regard to:

I got pulled over once in that Verde for the tinted glass, and bluffed my
way out of it by telling the officer that I had taken the car to the
registry and they had verified it was just on the legal side of the tint
limit. He didn't have any way to measure it, so he just let me go with some
words of warning.
I definitely think that putting all your windows down (and keeping your hands where they can see them, mister!) is a good way to deal with tint concerns. However, I HAVE seen law enforcement personnel carrying window-tint checking equipment in their cruisers, and checking suspect over-tinted windows as part of traffic stops (People's Republic of Maryland), so use the "I already checked it" tactic with caution.

Al, who doesn't live in MD anymore.