[alfa] Milano: foamy power steering fluid

I'm begining to think my Verde is in fact animate. Every time I fix something, a new problem pops up out of nowhere. I think it wants me to work on it all the time.

I fixed a host of problems and annoyances this weekend, only to reveal a new one. This one is outside my realm of experience, so I ask for help from the group...

My power steering fluid is foaming like mad. I noticed a weird sound yesterday, and finally isolated it today. I heard a wooshing sound coming from the steering wheel. It was like the sound of the ocean. It only seems to make the noise at idle or at low speed.

I checked to see if the reservoir was low and was surprised to see the fluid had been whipped into a pink foam. Now it made sense.

Anyone have an idea what the probable cause could be? I checked the fittings and nothing seems to be leaking. No fluid on the floor either.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org