[alfa] Re: Seat Belts for Giulia Super

Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:51:27 -0800
Timothy,
    I drove a '67 and a '65 US model Super/TI for many years.  They both had
the belt type you describe on yours.  The shoulder belt was only on the
driver's side.  The passenger side had a lap belt only.  And you are right,
they are not the most user friendly critters in the world.
    I have modified a set for my Duetto.  I used the original lap belts.  Had
a parachute rigger extend the over the shoulder belt and attached that to a
welded I bolt mounted on the rear package shelf.  This seems to work real well
for my wife and I who are fairly short people.  A tall person might end up
with a crushed collar bone in a crash due to the height of the seat compared
to their shoulder.  But, that might even be better than the alternatives ;-)
Skip Patnode
67 Duetto
Norfolk, Va
Try an aspirin before resorting to brain surgery

From: "Timothy Leigh Rodgers" <timothy@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] FW: Seat Belts for Giulia Super

Does anyone know the seat belt history for Giulia supers?  My '67 US model
has lap belts with a conventional latch.  A separate diagonal comes down
from the 'B' pillar and has a metal loop on it that goes over the male part
of the lap belt before inserting it into the buckle mechanism.  I think this
is the original style--but am not sure.  It's a real pain to use.

snip> My 1971 European Giulia 1300 Super has a Kangol belt.  <snip
Timothy in Santa Barbara
'67 Alfa Giulia Super
'71 Alfa Giulia 1300 Super
'92 Alfa Spider Veloce