RE: [alfa] Nology Hotwires...

> Magnecor, while admittedly an interested party, used to have a
> good writeup addressing the outrageous claims made by Nology (and
> may still - but in todays litigious world, I'd be surprised.)  As
> I recall, SDS EFI systems also
>
> Some of Nology's ad copy still gives me pause, though - they
> claim to create a spark "300 times more powerful" than stock.  As
> one article about them asked, "How? Where does this power come
> from? Can Nology circumvent the laws of physics somehow?"  and
> their junk science in the technical info section talking about
> how great capacitors are is laughable: "Just think about the
> flash of a camera. This flash is powered only by 1.5 volt
> batteries, yet it creates a burst of light many times brighter
> then even the 110 volt lights in your home."
>
> Combined with the extremely poor RFI supression of Nology wires,
> and the tendency for that interference to wreak havoc with things
> like engine ECU's, and I'll steer clear of them.  I just don't
> think they're worth the cost.

They still have the article on their website when I looked over the summer.
It's under the heading "The truth about spark plug wires and advertising" or
something like that.  I don't recall if they name Nology directly.

I have Magnecor on both my Verde and Spider.  I'm very happy with them.  The
Magencor's are less expensive from Bruce's Parts Bin (where I bought both
sets) than the usual parts sources want for stock wires.   No interference
problems.   I use the 7.5mm blue on the Spider which is slightly modified
and the red 8.5mm on the Verde which is heavily modified.

No financial connection to BPB, just a satisfied customer.

-Peter