[alfa] FW: Seat Belts for Giulia Super

Does anyone know the seat belt history for Giulia supers?  My '67 US model
has lap belts with a conventional latch.  A separate diagonal comes down
from the 'B' pillar and has a metal loop on it that goes over the male part
of the lap belt before inserting it into the buckle mechanism.  I think this
is the original style--but am not sure.  It's a real pain to use.

My 1971 European Giulia 1300 Super has a Kangol belt.  Webbing comes down
from the 'B' pillar, across the chest and back across the lap to the base of
the seat by the door.  A metal "U" type solid metal piece slides up and down
on it.  The webbing attached next to the midline tunnel has the 'buckle'--a
hinged piece of metal that has a "U" in the opposite direction of the other
piece--and the two 'U's interdigitate to hold the two halves together.  I
haven't seen this type of belt on any US cars--but it's much more user
friendly to use than the one on my '67 Alfa!  It's hard to describe how it
works, but if any have seen the Kangol belts on the late '60s Mercedes--it's
the same.

Timothy in Santa Barbara
'67 Alfa Giulia Super
'71 Alfa Giulia 1300 Super