[alfa] Re: OBD-II

It is my understanding that OBD-II was phased in gradually by the EPA from 1994 to 1996. The large automakers had to have an increasing percentage of their production using OBD-II until they reached 100% in 1996 (by 9/1 1995, actually). Alfa, being a small producer, managed to go without OBD-II and likely had ceased their production for the US market by 9/1 '95 (on a related note, they have stated that they did not produce any 1994 models after 9/1 1993, the NHTSA cutoff date for passenger airbags). Thus, no Alfas sold in the US are equipped with OBD-II, unless I am seriously misinformed.

Sonny
'91 164 S
Baltimore