[alfa] Milano Electrical Woes

So lately my Verde's electrical system has been acting up.  On a long road
trip it almost stranded me in the middle of a desert when the fuse for the
power mirrors and radio blew.  Which doesn't sound bad, except that it also
shut the car off (!).  Yeah, I know that fuse has nothing to do with the car
running or not.  Thanks to Bob at Import Doctors, who was kind enough to
assist me over the phone, It would appear that some PO routed the power to the
fuel pump through that fuse.  ???  After wiring up 12V directly to the combi
relay I was back on the road.

Well a couple of days ago the car died again.  Luckily this time it was in my
driveway.  It cranks just fine, but it never fires.  I haven't done a thorough
assessment of fuel, air and spark yet, but I do know this: none of the dash
lights come on when the key is first turned on.  The dash is dead.  My first
guess is that the computer has no juice and therefore the fuel injectors
aren't firing.

If anyone has experienced a similar thing, I'd appreciate hearing about it so
I can chase those suggestions first.  I'm planning on tackling this latest
glitch on Sunday or early next week.

Thanks in advance!

-Lalo
'88 Verde