[alfa] Re: How to check charging system

On Dec 24, 2003, at 7:54 AM, alfa-digest wrote:

Hello everyone!
I have an '86 Spider Veloce and it's only charging to 10 volts. I know its
either the alternator or the voltage regulator. I have a "multi-meter, but
not sure where to hook it. One clutch, a starter and one blown fuse to the
fuel injector unit is all the trouble I've had since 1986!

Thanx, Amanda
Amanda,
I am almost entirely sure that your 86 has an alternator with an internal voltage regulator.
I believe the best place to check the voltage is at the battery with the car running (although you will most definitely get responses from people here that are entirely sure about where to check, in which case listen to them instead of me).

That is a very impressive reliability record your Spider has,
I think you may own the most reliable Italian automobile ever made!
Congrats!
I gotta know, how many miles are on your Spider?

Tony Martie
'78 Spider
Dallas, TX
http://tmpd.net