[alfa] 2 things to check on Bosch Spider's

Hi Group:

I wanted to mention 2 weak spots I've found in Bosch Spider electrics that should probably be checked on all cars. The first is the fuse holder for the fuel pump, which is under the rear package shelf, on the passenger side. The second is the fuse holder for the VVT, which is on the right front inner fender, beside/above the coolant reservoir. These holders use the old VW style plastic or ceramic fuses with exposed filaments, and both the fuses and holders are very prone to corrosion. If the VVT fuse holder fails, it's not a big problem, but if the fuel pump fuse holder fails, obviously the car won't run. I replaced them both with weatherproof ATC fuse holders, and by cutting a few wire ties on the fuel pump fuse holder wiring harness, I was able to keep that fuse holder tucked under the edge of the rear carpet, so it can be easily checked without removing the package shelf.

Regards,

Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's