Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 14:36:02 -0500 (EST)
From: Joe Elliott <jee@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Kerosene for engine flushing

A couple months ago several people mentioned filling engines with kerosene
to flush out crap.  Is it as simple as filling the sump with kerosene,
spinning the engine on the starter for a while (does kerosene actually
provide adequate lubrication to do that??), then draining it and filling
it with new oil?

Also, I'm planning on putting oil in my spare engine to do a compression
test--could I just leave the kerosene in it for the compression test, and
avoid putting 7 qts of good oil in there if it turns out to be screwed up?

Thanks,
Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6