[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V9 #1036

That's right. 91 octane is the highest you can get in CA. Also our gas
has an oxygenator in it called MTBE (Methyl Tertiary-Butyl Ether) which
is a wonderful additive designed to lower gas milage and eat the rubber
in fuel systems. The legislature voted to remove MTBE from the gas in
1999, and the final deadline for the removal of this crap is 12/31/03 -
I.E. next week, but most refiners won't make it.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6 3.0 'S'