Re: [alfa] Re: alfa-digest V9 #1035

Did I take it correctly that in Calif. you can only get maximum

91 octane gas?

Yep.. and it was 92 for a long time before that. Can't remember how many years it's been that way.

My engine machinist I went to after my Sperry Debacle, strongly steered me away from getting hi compression pistons due to the unknown future of the current premium. Right now you are JUST ok with 10:1, what happens if they drop it a few more points? I reluctantly agreed and bought stock pistons.

Jon (who's plans of installing the engine and actually driving the car by Xmas have been seriously compromised by yet ANOTHER cam bearing stud pulling up at the last possible minute)
77 Spider
Irvine CA