RE: [alfa] RE: mechanical tensioners

<snip>
> I am told by a knowledgeable source that the "new and
> improved" mechanical tensioner was in fact, used throughout
> the world, and was NOT just a USA-distributed part.  I
> realize this goes against what Keith had indicated. Can any
> of the folks in Europe or Australia confirm?
<snip>

Are you referring to the 'new and improved' mechanical tensioner, as an
improvement over the original hydraulic one?  Or the 'new and improved'
mechanical tensioner, as an improvement over the original mechanical
tensioner (which was purported to be a fix for the hydraulic one).

Rumor has it that Alfa redesigned the original mechanical tensioner, but
didn't widely publicize it because they didn't want to eat the existing
ones.  I guess they figured they'd deplete stock of the current mechanical
ones, then phase in the replacements.

Allegedly, if you know the part number for the second generation mechanical
tensioner, you can order one.  I don't know the part number.

Has anybody else heard this?

bs