[alfa] mech'l tensioners

hi all,

on the weekend before the thanksgiving holiday, which i was to drive ~300 miles each way to connecticut for the turkey-kill-fest, the hoh pump decided to go away in the 164.  absolutely no way i was able to r&r this on such short notice.  my local mechanic was willing & able to do the yob & i was able to pick the car up, ready-to-go wednesday evening.  being the prudent sorta i guy i am, (?!?), i decided to have the t-belt & mech'l tensioner replaced, since the tensioner had ~100k on it.  well, last week the t-belt skipped, & i have at least two bent walves...  :<(  i know the mechanic knows what he's doing, he's worked on alfas for at least 30 years, and he's done a lot of these tensioners...  i wonder what iap, the parts seller, is gonna do about this...  but i don't wonder a *lot*...  :<(

looks like my alfa-owning days are numbered.  i am not sure how much longer i can manage the time needed to constantly tinker on my two beloved alfas & on the 164...  it seems every week i am spending a coupla hours working on *someting* car-related...  i tink it's time to join the ranks of the rest of the american drones, & get a coupla new, boring, shitboxes...  :<(

doug s.

New! Unlimited Access from the Netscape Internet Service.
Beta test the new Netscape Internet Service for only $1.00 per month until 3/1/04.
Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.